The charges against those arrested are allegations and the cases are still pending in the courts. Individuals charged and whose names appear in this column may submit documentation to us at a later date that the charges have been dismissed or that they have been found innocent and we will include that information in this space in a timely manner.
July 7, 2019
• Teresa Ellen Evans, 34, of Cove was charged with endangering the welfare of a minor. The arrest followed a call for a welfare check at a local motel.
• A local couple reported being harassed and threatened by an acquaintance. Case pending.
• A 15-year-old Mena youth was charged with criminal mischief for breaking a window in a local building. Case was referred to juvenile authorities and he was released to his guardian.
July 8, 2019
• Nancy E. Spencer, 50, of Mena was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. In the same incident, Phineas K. Whittenburg, 51, also of Mena, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Donovan Thomas Hunt, 27, of Mena was served an outstanding warrant.
• Marc Williamson, 29, of Mena was served an outstanding warrant. He was also charged with possession of a firearm by certain persons.
July 9, 2019
• A local man reported that while he was out, someone stole his lawn mower from his property. Case is pending.
• Mark Romero, 29, of Mena was charged with possession of Methamphetamine or Cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of a schedule VI controlled substance. The arrest followed a traffic stop.
• Caleb John Chiquica, 36, of Mena was charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• A local man reported that an acquaintance had broken a window from his vehicle. Case is pending.
July 10 & 11, 2019
• Julia Elizabeth Cureton,43, of Mena was charged with disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and fleeing.
July 12 & 13, 2019
• Jacob C. White, 34, of Mena was charged with driving on a suspended license and having no liability insurance.
• Tiara Thomas, 31, of Mena, was charged with possession of methamphetamine and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Mykos D. Pierce, 19, of Mena was served two outstanding warrants.
• Gerald T. Davis, 41, of Mena was served an outstanding warrant from the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
• William Sullivan,48, of Cabot, was served an outstanding warrant from Polk County.
• Jennifer Tyler, 44, of Mena was charged with theft after a call to a local retail store.
• Two Mena youths, ages 15 & 16, were charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, curfew violation, having no driver’s license, no tags, and no insurance. They were referred to juvenile authorities.
• Jeremy Carter, 35, of Mena, was served an outstanding warrant from Polk County