The charges against those arrested are allegations and the cases are still pending in the courts. Individuals charged and whose names appear in this column may submit documentation to us at a later date that the charges have been dismissed or that they have been found innocent and we will include that information in this space in a timely manner.
July 28, 2019
• Officers responded to a call regarding an aggressive dog bearing its teeth at a neighbor. The owner of the aggressive dog was given a verbal warning to keep his dog in the house or on a sturdy chain.
July 29, 2019
• Employees at a local restaurant reported that a man had walked out without paying for his meal. Case is pending identification of suspect seen on surveillance tape.
• Dalton Sanders, 18, of Mena was charged with shoplifting after officers responded to a call at a local retail store.
• Officers were called to a local residence regarding an argument over visitation with a minor child. No charges were filed.
July 30, 2019
• A Mena woman reported that her boyfriend had broken a window in her car. Case was forwarded to the prosecuting attorney for possible issuance of a warrant.
• Report was made by employees at a local retail store regarding a man shoplifting. The information was forwarded to the prosecuting attorney for review.
• Report was made by a Mena man regarding cash he had misplaced at a local store. The money was located and returned to the man.
• Nathan Hoover, 18, of Mena was picked up by local authorities on an outstanding warrant from Montgomery County. Local officers took the suspect to the county line, where Montgomery County officers took over.
July 31, 2019
• A local woman reported she is being harassed by an acquaintance. Case is pending.
• Bobbi Roper, 39, of Mena was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
August 1, 2019
• David Sartain,33, of Poteau, Oklahoma was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Polk County.
• Brandon Duncan, 28, of Smithville, Oklahoma was charged with driving on a suspended license, having no insurance, careless driving, and having no child safety restraints.
• Julia Cureton, 43, of Mena was charged with DWI, careless driving,
refusal to submit to a BAC, and disorderly conduct. The arrest followed a traffic stop.
• Employees at a local convenience store reported a gas skip. The driver later returned to pay for the fuel.
August 2, 2019
• Jacob Green, 25, of Texas was arrested for arson, threat of a fire or bombing and commercial burglary after officers responded to a bomb threat and structure fire.
• Report was made of a local juvenile shoplifting at a local store. Case was forwarded to juvenile authorities.
August 3, 2019
• Melissa Christie, 30, of Mena, was cited for shoplifting after a call to a local retail store.