The charges against those arrested are allegations and the cases are still pending in the courts. Individuals charged and whose names appear in this column may submit documentation to us at a later date that the charges have been dismissed or that they have been found innocent and we will include that information in this space in a timely manner.
August 12, 2019
• Report from complainant on Polk 1 near Grannis of the violation of an Order of Protection. Deputies responded. Information has been forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for further consideration.
• Report from complainant on Polk 121 near Mena of the theft of an air compressor and crow bar, all valued at $510.00. Investigation continues.
• Arrested was Ashley D. Chumley, 38, of Mena, on a Warrant for Felony Failure to Appear.
August 13, 2019
• Report from complainant on Highway 8 East near Big Fork of being harassed by an acquaintance. Information has been forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for further consideration.
• Arrested was George Trivette III, 26, of Mena, on Warrants for Furnishing Prohibited Articles and Tampering with Physical Evidence.
• Arrested by an officer with the Grannis Police Department was Elmer O. Elmore, 39, of Gillham, on a Warrant for Failure to Appear.
August 14, 2019
• Report from complainant on Polk 277 near Vandervoort of the theft of a piece of exercise equipment, valued at $150.00. Investigation continues.
• Report from complainant on Polk 41 North near Shady Grove of a disturbance that had occurred at an earlier time. Investigation continues.
• Report from a Mena couple that their 15-year-old daughter was missing. The juvenile was later located. A Juvenile Citation for Disorderly Conduct was issued to the female. The juvenile was released to the custody of a parent/guardian.
• Arrested was Joseph Y. Cunningham, 34, of Mena, on Warrants for Possession of a Schedule I/II Controlled Substance, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Simultaneous Possession of Firearms & Drugs, Possession of a Firearm by Certain Person, Failure to Comply with a Court Order and Probation Violation.
August 15, 2019
• Arrested was Melton R. Cannon, 54, of Mena, on a Warrant for Possession of a Controlled Substance.
August 16, 2019
• Report of a disturbance on Polk 41 South near Potter led to the arrest of Robin L. Hames, 55, of Mena, on a Charge of Disorderly Conduct.
• Report of a person threatening another with a firearm on Polk 24 near Cove led to the arrest of Juston M. Wikel, 34, of Cove, on a Charge of Aggravated Assault and a Parole Revocation.
August 17, 2019
• Report from complainant on Polk 85 near Cherry Hill of the fraudulent use of a credit card, totaling losses at $463.75. Investigation continues.
August 18, 2019
• Traffic stop on School Street in Cove led to the arrest of Asa R. Dixon, 21, of Cove, on Charges of DWI, Equipment Violation and Expired Tags.
Polk County Sheriff’s Office worked two vehicle accidents this week.
Polk County Detention Center Jail Population: 25 Incarcerated Inmates , with 20 Inmates currently on the Waiting List for a State Facility.