The Polk County Fair has implemented a new online fair entry program called ShoWorks. County Fair board Treasurer, Phyllis Caldwell, attended a weeklong training over the summer to learn the new online system. Carla Vaught, County 4-H agent says, “This year we prefer all livestock entries to register online. This is important so that we can make the best use of our volunteer time by cutting down on data entry. The Fair board and workers are completely made up of volunteers. Any changes that we can make to make the process smoother for them is important.”
Bridgett Martin, FCS agent, also commented on the online registration, “Entries made to the Education building will be accepted in an online format OR as “in person” registration at the door. This is a very simple computer program. It requires a quick registration with general exhibitor information and a required password. Everything else is in a dropdown box format, which makes it extremely simple! We are hoping this makes the entry process a little less time consuming.”
The following directions can be used to complete an online entry:
2018 Polk County Fair directions for Online Entry Systems
There are six steps to the online entry system. We have included step-by-step directions below. For help, please call Phyllis Caldwell – 479-243-6212 or Caroline Singleton – 479-243-7248 for further assistance.
Step One: Look at the Polk County Fair and Rodeo Association Facebook page, the Polk County Arkansas 4-H Facebook page or contact your 4-H Main Leader who will have the link through the 4-H Main Leader Groupme text for the link to the online entry site… sorry it was not ready when we printed these instructions.
Step Two: Exhibitor Registration
To begin, on the left hand side of the navigation bar, click the Register button.
You should now see a screen that says:
Please log in as an Exhibitor or create a new account.
- Type in your First Name and then your Last Name and choose “I am a new exhibitor” and hit continue. (Make sure that you use the first and last name and your mailing address in case checks have to be mailed at any point) that you want on all correspondence and exhibitor tags.
- Enter a password for this year (please write it down so you will remember it) and fill out the remaining information fields. (Asterisk fields are required.) The password will allow you to log in and see your account after you have completed the entries. You can also print a receipt of your entries so you remember what all you registered.
Step Three: Entries – Please have a copy of the current Fair Book in front of you. Fair catalogs are available in paper format with The Pulse paper on Wednesday, July 25. They are available digitally on The Pulse website, the Polk County Fair and Rodeo Association Facebook page and the Polk County Arkansas 4-H Facebook page.
- Choose a department from the catalog
- Choose a division.
- Choose a class and enter your item.
NOTE: Check for any special instructions listed in red lettering at the top of the entry form and follow the instructions given. All livestock that you plan to show as “county bred” must be entered in the appropriate County Bred Department and Division as well.
- Hit “add entry to cart” button. You can enter animals and education building items at the same place. Just use the appropriate department, division, and class when you do each.
- If you need to add more entries, choose “add different entry” or “add similar entry”. Add different entry takes you back to pick a different department. Add similar entry keeps you in the same department and you can add more classes within the department.
- When you have entered all your classes, please hit “continue” button.
Step Four: Review
- This is a review of all your entries for this login session only. Please look this over. If you made entries in an earlier session, they will not show in the current review. If you wish to see all your entries from previous sessions, login as a previous user and in the upper right corner hit the “hello (your name)” button and select “your past transactions” and click on the transaction you wish to see.
**IF YOU ENTERED SOMETHING BY MISTAKE, YOU CAN HIT THE RED X THAT YOU SEE AT THE END OF EACH ENTRY AND IT WILL REMOVE IT.
- If all of your entries are correct hit “check out”.
- If you are missing something, hit “add more entries”.
- The button “empty cart” will clear out everything and you will have to start over.
- The button “save this cart for later”, allows you to save it and you can go back in later and finish your registration. When this button is clicked, please be aware that you HAVE NOT completed your Fair entry. You need to complete ALL the steps.
Step Five: Confirmation
- Please read over the statement carefully and type “yes” to accept the rules of Junior Fair.
- Hit “submit”.
Step Six: Finish and Pay (Livestock Only)
- This is a summary of your receipt. You should print a copy for your records.
- Hit “finish”.
Note: If the finish circle at the top of the screen has a green checkmark in it, Congratulations, you have completed your online Fair entry.
If all else fails, there are paper entry forms available this year (for the last year).