The charges against those arrested are allegations and the cases are still pending in the courts. Individuals charged and whose names appear in this column may submit documentation to us at a later date that the charges have been dismissed or that they have been found innocent and we will include that information in this space in a timely manner.
July 8, 2019
• Report of a disturbance on Polk 41 South near Potter. Deputies responded. Information has been forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for further consideration.
• Discovery of a suspicious vehicle on Polk 31 near Hatfield. Information has been forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for further consideration.
July 9, 2019
• Report from a Hatfield woman of the theft and fraudulent use of checks, totaling losses at $4,835.88 thus far. Investigation continues.
• Report from complainant on Highway 375 East near Mena of missing tools and equipment from a storage space. Investigation continues.
• Report from complainant on Polk 691 near Nunley of the theft of a propane tank, valued at $500.00. The tank was later located.
• Report from complainant on Polk 191 near Yocana of an individual that kicked their dog. Deputy responded.
July 10, 2019
• Report from complainant on Highway 375 West near Potter of vandalism done to a vehicle, totaling losses at $10.00. Investigation continues.
July 11, 2019
• Report from a Hot Springs woman of problems regarding child custody exchange regarding a child in Polk County.
July 12, 2019
• Request for a welfare check on Polk 74 near Mena. Deputy responded.
• Report of a domestic disturbance on Highway 88 East near Cherry Hill led to the arrest of Cecil D. Cole, III, 26, of Mena, on a Charge of Disorderly Conduct.
• Arrested was Jaylon R. Parnell, 21, of Hatfield, on Warrants for Aggravated Assault and Violation of Suspended Imposition of Sentence.
• Arrested by a trooper with the Arkansas State Police was Edwin A. Huber, 59, of Mena, on a Saline County Warrant.
• Arrested was Thomas J. Shaver, 33, of Hatfield, on a Warrant for Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer.
July 13, 2019
• Suspicious vehicles on Highway 8 West near Rocky led to the arrests of Wesley J. Weeks, 29, and Brenda M. N. Powell, 28, both of Mena, each on a Charge of DWI.
• Arrested by a trooper with the Arkansas State Police was Cody W. West, 31, of Texarkana, for Violation of Concealed Weapon Act.
• Arrested was Floyd T. Frederick, 45, of Hatfield, on two Warrants for Failure to Comply with a Court Order.
• Arrested was Jonah M. Sarabia, 32, of Mena, on a Warrant for Failure to Comply with a Court Order.
July 14, 2019
• Report of a structure fire at an abandoned residence on Tilley Road near Hatfield. Investigation continues into the origin of the fire.
• Arrested by an officer with the Grannis Police Department was Norman H. Crump, 51, of Grannis, on Charges of Domestic Battery 3rd Degree and Disorderly Conduct.
Polk County Sheriff’s Office worked three vehicle accidents this week.
Polk County Detention Center Jail Population: 20 Incarcerated Inmates , with 9 Inmates currently on the Waiting List for a State Facility.