Artist of all varieties are invited to prepare for the annual Ouachita Expressions exhibit and competition at Mena Art Gallery.
“Ouachita Expressions is our longest-running show, as well as being one of the most popular,” Lynn Greenwade, executive director of Mena Art Gallery, said.
“All media are accepted, so you will see paintings, photographs, ceramic work, weavings, metal work, etc. It is always a delight for the eyes.”
Mena Art Gallery will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for this show. It is important to note that masks are required in the gallery.
Intake day will be Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. If other arrangements are needed to submit, artists can contact Greenwade at the Mena Art Gallery.
This year, special awards will include outstanding photograph and an outstanding ceramic piece. Awards will include:
-Best in Show $150;
-First Place $100
-Second Place $75;
-Third Place $50
-Honorable Mention Ribbon
-RL Norris award (outstanding
-Outstanding Ceramic work $50
-People’s Choice $25
“I cannot wait to see what you create” Greenwade said.
Mena Art Gallery Ouachita Expressions
Exhibition Rules 2021
Open to all Media
1. Work will be accepted for entry on Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please contact the Gallery if you need to make other arrangements but note no entries will be accepted after 4 p.m. on Feb. 23 as judging will have begun.
2. Pickup time for this show is Saturday, May 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please contact the Gallery if you need to make other arrangements. All artwork must remain until the end of the show.
3. All media are acceptable. Entries must be original and the artist’s own work. Work will be accepted from artists age 14 and older. There are no categories.
4. No kits or prints will be accepted. If the work is a derivative, it must be so labeled and the source shown.
5. The awards ceremony will be held, if current health conditions allow, on Saturday, March 6 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
6. Entry Fees: Members $8 per piece Non-Members $10 per piece
7. Limit of 3 entries by one artist. All entries must be for sale, no NFS.
8. All 2D work must be framed or wrapped and ready to hang. All frames must be wired (no saw tooth or pop out hangers). No framed or unframed artwork larger than 36”X 36” will be accepted.
9. In addition to the information on the entry form, all work must be labeled on the back with the following: Title, Medium, Price, Entry Category, Artist’s Name, Phone Number, Email.
10. Mena Art Gallery is a family friendly environment. Please consider this when you bring art for exhibition. Acceptance of questionable subject matter must meet the approval of the Exhibits Committee.
11. Any work shown previously in any judged Mena Art Gallery show may not be entered again. These works may be entered as: NOT to be judged, but to be sold.
12. The gallery will handle sales and each artist will be paid 75% of the sale price by the second week of the following month.
For more information, contact Lynn Greenwade, Executive Director of Southwest Artists, Inc. and Mena Art Gallery, located at 607 Mena Street, or call 479-394-3880.